Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sesame Miso Chicken Patty


This was really good. My first instinct was to make sandwich sized patties but I decided to follow the recipe as is. I think I will make this for sandwiches next time. It's actually supposed to be perfectly round but who has the patience for that?

Sesame Miso Chicken Patty
Recipe from オレンジページCooking 冬レシピ 2009 (Orange Page Cooking - Winter Recipes 2009). Published in Japanese.

200g ground chicken (I used 300g)
1/4 onion, diced finely (I used three inches of a leek for color)

1 teaspoon each black and white sesame seeds (I used garlic flavored sesame seeds)
1 tablespoon miso
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cooking sake
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/2 egg


Mix all ingredients but sesame seeds together in a bowl. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan and then put the chicken mix in making a large patty. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and press down. Cover and fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip, cover and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit covered for 8 minutes before serving. Cut into slices like pizza. Serve warm.

No comments: