Cheesy Eggplant Casserole
• 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
• 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 cup dry bread stuffing mix
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 2 tablespoons diced onion
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 small tomato
• splash of red wine or water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place the eggplant in a medium microwave safe dish. Cook, stirring once, in the microwave 5 minutes on High, or until tender. Transfer to a 9x9 inch baking dish. Mix in 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, stuffing mix, garlic, onion, and egg. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Top with remaining cheese, and continue baking 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Ten Refrigerators that Inspire Healthy Eating
7 hours ago