Friday, January 2, 2009

Japanese Style Chinese Cabbage Salad 白菜の和風サラダ

白菜の和風サラダ (Japanese Style Chinese Cabbage Salad)

This makes enough for two. I believe this was my first time eating raw Chinese cabbage and it was pretty good.

200g Chinese Cabbage (I used about an eighth of a head)
1-2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
2-3 tablespoons sesame oil (use only if using sardines)

1/2 cup
boiled and dried baby sardines (I didn't use these as I couldn't find them)

Dressing (I tripled this as I used a lot more Chinese cabbage)
2 teaspoons soy sauce 2 teaspoons rice vinegar

Shred the Chinese cabbage and soak in cold water for twenty minutes. If using sardines, heat sesame oil in frying pan and fry sardines until golden. Drain cabbage and put in a salad bowl. Add the sardines to salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss. Sprinkle sesame seed over just before serving.

From the magazine オレンジページCooking - 冬レシピ2009 (Orange Page Cooking - Winter Recipes 2009). Originally published in Japanese.

No comments: